Astro Digital designs, builds, and operates a diverse range of small satellite systems supporting space-based turnkey missions for several business applications, including earth observation, communications, in-orbit demonstrations, risk reduction, science, and exploration. Astro Digital is headquartered in Santa Clara, California with infrastructure around the globePosition Summary:
The Data Systems infrastructure Engineer will work across teams from Spacecraft Operation to Engineering. They will be responsible for architecting, implementing, managing, and firewalling, local and global ground station machines, applications, networks, engineering environments, and DevOps tools. This Engineer will design and setup a new network facility as well as administrate "every-day business" infrastructure, including engineering and staff VPN and Office365.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practice robust network and data security.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure problems.
- Work with all teams from Spacecraft Operations to Engineering.
- Setup, manage, and firewall, ground station global network connections with the Spacecraft Operations Center.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain host machines, their OS's, and virtual environments.
- Deploy and monitor software applications on local and global machines (VMs, Docker containers, software-defined-radios).
- Architect and setup Spacecraft Operation workstations.
- DevOps: Manage engineering and spacecraft operations version control and continuous-integration servers.
- Manage internal and customer user-facing servers (Postgres & Grafana) for spacecraft telemetry visualization.
- Setup and maintain backups of all critical machines, while also verifying the backups.
- Evaluate current network architecture and security, improve as needed.
- Configure the company router/firewall and implement security measures.
- Set up new networks in new facilities.
- Administrate the "everyday business" network, including staff VPN and Office365.
- Write and diagram technical documentation about the network and application setups.
- Maintain Company Website
- B.S. in information technology, computer science, or equivalent practical experience
Ability to configure a Cisco router/firewall and set up a company wide network
- Experience with Linux server management
- Experience with Linux applications, any of: SQL databases, version control server, virtual machines, Docker, continuous integration.
- Experience with Python or Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructure (switches, fiber, ethernet
- Experience with cloud systems (AWS)
- Knowledge of VPNs, like OpenVPN
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and its "replicator" system
- Experience with Grafana
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot network issues
- Cisco certification a plus
- CompTIA A+ 220-902 certification a plus
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Clara, CAProof of COVID - 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for or medical or religious accommodation is necessary.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 22 CFR §120.15 and 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required. During the course of the application and interview process for certain engineering positions, you may be asked to perform functional activities to demonstrate your skills with parts and equipment we work with. By agreeing to engage in such skills testing, you also agree not to disclose the specific activities you are asked to engage in or any other aspect of the skills demonstration. Astro Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Astro Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.